LaLa special for the month of June.
- Order during the month of June and receive an extra 10% of your blend in each bag.
- Get us a new customer and get an extra 10% of coffee in your next order by asking them to mention you when they order from us.
Who we are...
We started Coffee LaLa back in 2002. LaLa is an artisan roaster, producing handcrafted coffee. We are lucky enough to live and roast our coffee in a beautiful, native bush valley on the Coromandel Peninsula surrounded by white sand beaches.
We are proud to have won 18 awards in the New Zealand Coffee Festival and Competitions in 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,2014 & 2015. We figured we must be doing something right! A lot of our success must be credited to Mark's approach to roasting, being very different to most of the large roasting companies. LaLa is handcrafted with careful attention to the origin of the green bean and an understanding of the potential and individual character of each. Our 100% Arabica beans are sourced from the world's best plantations and roasted with utmost care. Ten kilogram batches of each different country's bean are roasted on their own then blended.
With the help of our friend, Al Forbes, we designed and built our own unique roasters which have finely adjustable temperature controls allowing each origin to be coaxed to it's finest state. This method of roasting takes longer and requires constant attention, but allows a sensitivity not possible in pre-blended roasts. By blending three and sometimes four of these origins we create a delicious synergy of flavour and character which is rich and full bodied.
Coffee LaLa is sold to a growing list of online home and office LaLa lovers, selected cafes and restaurants, beach stores and our local supermarket. We keep track of our customers wishes and take all their comments seriously. We can tweak a blend to meet individual likes, some want it dark, others mild - you just need to tell us.
We roast 4 to 5 times a week and most parcels arrive at their destination 1 to 3 days later. Coffee is better brewed straight after it's ground, so we recommend you buy a grinder, however we can grind the beans to suit your needs.
- 1 Silver & 5 Bronze awards for LaLa Plunger Blend. Best Plunger/Filter Blend.
- 1 Bronze award for LaLa '30'. Best Espresso.
- 2 Gold & 1 Bronze awards for LaLabye Decaf. Best Decaf.
- 2 Bronze awards for Oooh LaLa. Best Flat White Blend.
- 4 Silver & 2 Bronze awards for LaLa Organic. Best Ethically Traded Blend.
|Nedilka Radojkovich & Mark Tugendhaft